Acknowledging Foundation Support
We encourage our partners to make announcements of new grants and to communicate to the public about work supported by grants. Please share drafts of any communications in which the Foundation is named with the appropriate program director for review and approval, prior to release.
The Foundation’s support should also be acknowledged in any publications associated with grant-funded projects.
When included in a list of supporters, the Foundation name should be displayed as: Henry Luce Foundation.
In body text, the Foundation name can be acknowledged as follows, preceded by a lowercase “the.”
Example: This project was supported by a grant from the Henry Luce Foundation.
Exhibitions and Art Catalogues
Additional guidelines apply to Foundation-supported exhibitions and art catalogues:
- Text credits and Foundation logo must appear in the exhibition galleries of the organizing venue and at all of the exhibition venues. The grantee is responsible for confirming the required crediting with the venue institutions.
- Text credits and logo must appear in the exhibition catalogue, and in all of the printed and promotional material associated with the project, both at the organizing venue and at tour venues.
- The credits should be equal in size and prominence to those accorded to any other foundation or corporate funders that have provided a similar level of funding.
- All references to the Foundation—in the galleries, exhibition publication, and printed and promotional materials—must be vetted in draft form with the Foundation before implementation or release.
Standard Text Describing the Foundation
The following text should be used in describing the Foundation in project or grant-related materials:
The Henry Luce Foundation seeks to deepen knowledge and understanding in pursuit of a more democratic and just world. Established in 1936 by Henry R. Luce, the co-founder and editor-in-chief of Time, Inc., the Luce Foundation advances its mission by nurturing knowledge communities and institutions, fostering dialogue across divides, enriching public discourse, amplifying diverse voices, and investing in leadership development.
The following text should also be included in materials related to grants from the American Art Program.
A leader in arts funding since 1982, the Luce Foundation's American Art Program advances the role of American art in realizing more vibrant and empathetic communities. Through support for innovative projects, it empowers institutions to celebrate creativity, elevate underrepresented voices, challenge accepted histories, and seek common ground.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when applying the Foundation's visual mark:
- The full logo—LUCE mark and Foundation name—should be used at all times. Do not separate, isolate, or rearrange any part of the logo from the rest without explicit permission.
- The size and prominence of the logo should be equal to that accorded any other foundation or corporate funder that has provided a similar level of funding.
- The full-color mark is preferred when possible, but the all-black or all-white versions are acceptable for single-color or dark-background applications. Do not employ any other color combinations.
- For digital and 4-color print applications, the red LUCE mark should be HEX #9A0005 or CMYK 23/100/100/17. When using a spot color for print or manufactured applications, the red LUCE mark should be reproduced in PMS 3517.
- Minimum size in print is a 0.25 inch high by 1 inch wide and 36 x 144 pixels at 72 dpi in digital environments.
- The logo should have clearance on all sides from any other elements of at least 70% the height of the logo.
The logo is available to download in JPG and PNG file formats. Vector files or other image dimensions can be shared upon request. Please send any questions and requests regarding the logo or Foundation acknowledgment to Jacquelynn Osoro, Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tag the Foundation when appropriate (such as in posts for exhibition openings, conference announcements, publication launches, thanks to sponsors, etc.) using the following social media handles: